maandag 18 juni 2012

QUIP day




Saturday was QUiltInPublic day. The organizers in Antwerp had chosen a superb location: Central Station. Under the big glass roof we sat with more than 70 quilters, we patched, quilted, admired, chatted and we had a marvelous day. I fell in love with the cat quilt you can see above, fabricated by Yvonne . She gave me permission to use the cat shape for my own fabrication. So probably you will see some cats come by in the future.
I had a bit of a holiday feeling, all those trains arriving and departing, people with suitcases... The public was for the most part very enthousiastic and admired the work of many of us.
I built houses on the quipday and when I came home in the evening, I still was in the mood and I stitched another one.
It was a long time ago since I had such a good day, felt really happy.
A big thank you for the organizers!

2 opmerkingen:

Yvonne aka sommeke zei

Blij dat je er bij was Edith! 't Was zeker een top dag, en nu je het zegt : ja, een vakantiegevoel hadden we er ook bij!
Benieuwd naar jouw kattenquilt!

Shirley zei

Edith wat een leuke dag was dat, jammer dat ik er niet bij kon zijn, misschien volgend jaar. Jaah, die kattenquilt (alleycats) is enig, ik heb hem ook jaren geleden gemaakt, ben benieuwd naar jouw versie