vrijdag 26 maart 2010

Patchwork

Yesterday was my first lesson about patchwork.
I learned so much, but it was exhausting and sometimes confusing.
Colours are so difficult, I thought it might be the easiest part, but now I know it will be dificult to choose the fabric.
We learned how to draw a template correctly, also not as easy as I thought.
For next lesson we have homework: to make the templates for our top and buying and preparing the fabrics. I made a drawing in some colours and it is a real challenge!
Over all, I am very happy to have taken the lessons, at the other hand, I know I will say some bad words once in a while!
I also found the hexagons I was looking for, so for that I was happy too.

3 opmerkingen:

Yvonne aka sommeke zei

Kan me voorstellen dat het vermoeiend was Edith, véél nieuwe dingen om te onthouden.
Maar nu ben je toch wel helemaal besmet met het quiltvirus?
Succes met het huiswerk hé!
En goe weekend!

Mylene zei

I can relate to that when i've joined in a class a couple of years ago. I still have a couple of unfinished patchwork here... Goodluck with yours.

Have a nice weekend!

Carolien zei

Hello Edith,

Well, you started! The rest will surely come. It's tiring in the beginning, I know ;) I hope you will have lots of fun!
I loved the pictures of those 'monkeys' in the zoo. Had to grin about the first gray hair: I had that the day after my 18th birthday. You know, everybody asking 'how does it feel to be 18' and the next day you discover your first gray hair, hihi! There are lots of them now, I hope Stein will wait a little longer ...

Have a nice Sunday & hugs, Carolien