woensdag 15 juli 2009

Michael Powell and other finishes












The blue themed card arrived with its BDgirl, so I can show it. I used variegated thread to stitch the carroussel horse and I think it came out very nice.

Summer SAL had his 4th part send out and I stitched it on immediately, so no thinking about that anymore.

I promised to stitch on my UFO's, I know, instead I took a new project. I stitched the Misty Hill Town mini of Michael Powell in 7 days. For the first time I was short of threads, never happened before in the kits I stitched already. I've taken a picture of the minis I stitched until now. i don't have a clue yet what I'm going to do with them. The lighthouse is not a mini, he has 3 of them in the mini range, which are in my stash.
Next project are two for the Regenboogkussens. One is a flower from the Ellen Maurer Stroh freebies. The tragedy in Apeldoorn has left 8 families with a member who lost his life. For each family there will be a cushioncover with a rainbow and 4 different flowers. Each cushion has a colourtheme. After that we will stitch cushioncovers for the wounded too.
The next is for a boy and his theme is Cars. I will stitch Lightning McQueen. I will put on the DVD while I stitch, to be in the mood.
And there are the BD cards, one is for my eldest grandson Stein who will be 10 on the 30th, still have to search for a design. He is a hughe dinosaur lover, so charts enough to go through.
Today DH has to go to hospital to find out if the chemotherapy has worked so far. My stomach is hurting for a couple of days already and I had some sleepless nights. This blog entry is one of the things I do to pass the time until it's time to go this afternoon.



4 opmerkingen:

Carolyn NC zei

Edith,
I'm praying you have good news with your DH and that you have peace when you go. Your needles are definitely smoking! Love the MP finishes and your ducky and card are so cute!

too_busy_to_stitch zei

Hoping for good news for your dh. What happened in Apeldoorn? We will be there in August (or at least, at Juliana Koningen Toren park. (Apologies if I've spelled that wrong.)

Threads and thoughts zei

At Koninginnedag, The Dutch national holiday, a man committed suicide by driving his car into the spectators who watched the royal family driving by in an open bus. It happened in Apeldoorn.

too_busy_to_stitch zei

How terrible - I don't think it made it to the news in the UK; if it did, I missed it. I would have noticed it as we usually pay Apeldoorn a visit each year on our stay at Landal, Coldenhove.